Department of G222, which started to work under Department of TÜBİTAK-UEKAE Design and Development Engineering in 2005, were restructured as Department of Software and Data Engineering under TÜBİTAK-UEKAE in 2010 and disuniting from TÜBİTAK-BİLGEM-UEKAE in 2012, it has been transformed into an institute under the name of Software Technologies Research Institute (YTE) affiliated with TÜBİTAK-BİLGEM to function on public software development.
Since the foundation, being a part of information society, TÜBİTAK BİLGEM YTE provides informatics services in the scope of digital transformation and R&D in order to enable public agencies and institutions to benefit from information and communication technologies at the highest institutional and national level and to function in high quality service, effectiveness, efficiency and transparency.
YTE, which is the one and only institution owning CMMI Level 4 accreditation located in Turkey, is also a member of The Open Group consortium.
Vision and Objectives
The objectives of YTE, whose vision is “to become the pioneer research institute supporting development of informatics ecosystem so as to make digital transformation policies enacted effectively, are as follows:
- To build a guide and reference models with the purpose of development of capacities required in informatics ecosystem and to supply guidance to it,
- To describe digital transformation needs at institutional and national level in the aspect of enterprise architecture and to plan solutions by innovative approach,
- To conduct strategic, critical and R&D contented digital transformation projects in national d-Government policies,
- To build capacity in new technology fields by following international digital tendencies and developments,
- To do research on policies to enhance performance and quality of digital transformation studies in public and private sector and to support planning activities.